Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Owning hump day

Fitting that today is hump day as I feel I'm slowing getting back on top of things after a few drama filled days.  Its amazing how much easier it is to put things in perspective once you relocate your "center".  For me it was finally getting to see my kids and make sure things are all good from their end after they felt some unintentional backlash to my heated words with my Ex.  If there is a bright side to this it is the stark reminder that I can't let my guard down when it comes to the kiddos.  The high road is a slippery one, and while I know the Ex would say otherwise I do my best to stay on it.  Admittedly I slip, but I'm human....AND a Ginger which makes those things just a little more challenging ;-)

After ending last night MUCH later than I would have liked due to being stressed out, I rewarded myself by starting the day off an extra hour early to make up for having to leave work in a rush yesterday.  I can't tell you how badly I wanted to skip my morning wake up, but I looked myself in the mirror and said the simple sentence that always bring's DDP's raspy "Good Morning!".  I said, it's only 10 minutes, and think of how much better you will feel!  (Saying motivational things to myself in the mirror is something I've done ever since reading Pat Croce's: I Feel Great And You Can Too!)

Morning wake up, BANG!  Off to work for an extra long day...

Fast forward to this evening...Which workout should we do?  Let's go with StandUp, or as I am considering renaming it, StumbleBumble!  Somebody needs to work on their balance, and amazingly it isn't the Mink brother that was dubbed "Jar Jar Minks" 

Stumbled so much I didn't get to push Mikey over...which is my new motivation to own StandUp, lol!

3 days without wussing out of a workout.  Not the most impressive number.....yet.  BANG!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We kicked it today!  Got our own little Accountability Crib going on here in PA at Mink Manor, and it works as we really keep each other on task and on top of things.  Just been blowing through obstacles as they present themselves in our day to day.  A little support goes a long way, add a little foresight and preparation and you get even further.  What's next? I don't know, but you know what...Bring it!

Tonight's Standup workout felt real nice as I can get through this one now with out falling over much(to be fair to Max, I'll add that I've made this workout a major focus over the last couple of months as I felt like it was the one that would get me to my first goal quickest...toe touching)  Felt like I got that last move a little higher than I ever have before.

Looking forward to finishing the week strong and taking my 7 month pictures this weekend.  That monthly reminder to myself that I don't have an Arnold Schwarzenegger physique just yet.  Still more Sherminator than Terminator but I'll get there.

Til next time, get up and DDPYoga, you'll thank yourself tomorrow!

BANG!


No comments:

Post a Comment