Monday, July 8, 2013

Starting the week strong

Monday, Monday, Monday! 4 day weekend is over and it was back to work.  Started the day off right with some "oil for the tin man"!  I swear that morning wake up routine is the reason I was able to leave that recommended 3rd back surgery in the rear view mirror!

After reflecting on a sweltering hot and humid 4th of July weekend I was a little disappointed that I took an extra day off of the DDPYoga so soon after trying to really focus on making more than just the wake up a part of my daily routine.  Enter the beauty of having your brother as your workout partner.  In an effort to keep us (well, me) on target I put forth this "motivator":  If he or I wusses out of a workout we must willingly submit ourselves to a reverse knife edge chop.  Not to bad you might think...well, we are a pair of ginger siblings separated by a mere 3 years, with decades of pro wrestling training (and by training I mean "I'll let you put me in a figure 4 for 15 seconds if I can put you in a boston crab for 20 seconds").  Originally I said 10 chops, but then I got home from work, and we quickly agreed starting tomorrow that number drops to 1!

After some unexpected BS drama with the X (don't mess with the kids!) I decided I don't care what workout we do tonight, surprise me!  Enter, Strength Builder....37 minutes later, those chops might not have been a bad idea....

Here's to a day of channeling negative stressful energy into something positive (and pushing your older brother during broken airplane)!    BANG!!!

Max

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I'd have fallen over anyway, I am no good at that stretch. 

Never a dull moment, here at Mink Manor as we continue to live life at 90%.  Hope your session today was as rewarding as ours was, and I'll tip Max over in some random pose tomorrow, rest assured.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment